The Beauties of America Pageant is a traditional beauty pageant, which also celebrates the achievements of today’s modern American woman. Women ages 13 and older are eligible to compete in the Beauties of America Pageant. National titleholders are selected by competing in the areas of Private Interview, Fitness, Evening Gown and Photogenic. Each area of competition is described in further detail below, along with the weight of each area.
Opening Production Number (not scored)
The Beauties of America Pageant finals include a professionally produced opening number. Delegates wear attire as specified by Beauties of America, LLC based on the theme of the national pageant. The theme for the 2008 national pageant will be announced soon, along with details about the opening number attire.
Personal Interview Competition (40%)
Beauties of America titleholders must be articulate and possess inner beauty, as well as outer beauty. They must have a sense of confidence and purpose, and be able to communicate effectively, while being able to manage the responsibility of being a Beauties of America titleholder.
* Personal interviews are conducted panel style, and are five (5) minutes in length.
* Delegates wear a suit, pantsuit, cocktail suit or dress for this event.
* Delegates will be asked questions based on the official application that each delegate submits. Delegates will not be asked questions of a controversial nature. However, the interview may include questions about current events and other timely topics.
* Judging Criteria: Personality, communication skills, character, beauty and fashion sense.
Fitness Competition (25%)
Beauties of America titleholders must exemplify the physically fit modern American woman. They must exude confidence, enthusiasm and graceful carriage on stage. A separate award will be presented to the delegate in each division who receives the highest overall fitness score.
* Each delegate will supply her own wardrobe, with her own personal style and color choice being considered.
* Each delegate will be judged in fitness based on the required attire for her age division.
o Teens and 20s: Swimsuit
o 30s and 40s: Aerobic Wear
o 50s & Up: Active Sportswear
* For delegates wearing swimsuit, a one-piece or two-piece is permitted. However, all swimwear must be in good taste. No thongs are allowed. No cover-ups may be worn with swimsuits.
* Delegates may wear sheer hose with their fitness wear attire, if they so choose.
* Judging Criteria: Overall fitness and muscle tone, proportion, beauty of face and figure, poise, eye contact, grace and fashion sense
Evening Gown Competition (25%)
Beauties of America titleholders must project grace, style and sophistication. Each delegate selects her own evening gown. Their choice should reflect their own personality and style. The monetary value of the gown is not a consideration for judging. Beauties of America is looking at the woman in the gown, not the gown on the woman.
* Gown must be floor length.
* Teens may wear either gowns with full skirts or fitted gowns.
* Judging Criteria: Overall appearance, beauty, poise, stage presence, fashion sense and delegate's ability to project comfortable elegance.
Photogenic Competition (10%)
Beauties of America titleholders must represent the beautiful, modern American woman. A delegate's ability to project well in a photograph is important to Beauties of America, LLC, as Beauties of America titleholders will appear in major BOA advertising campaigns, be photographed at appearances and more.
* Photogenic is judged from the photo submitted for the official Beauties of America national program book.
* Photo must be at least 5x7, but no larger than 8 x 10.
* Photo must be a headshot, taken recently.
* Photo should be of good quality.
* Delegates must bring Photo with them to the national pageant. Photos will be returned to delegates.
* Judging Criteria: Beauty, photogenic appeal, photo clarity and quality, warmth and personality projection.
Beauties of America national titles are awarded based solely on the above outlined areas of competition. However, Beauties of America, LLC offers delegates additional opportunities to qualify for a variety of special awards. These awards are optional awards that have no bearing on the final outcome of the pageant.
Overall Photogenic Award
This award is given to one delegate in the entire pageant whose program book advertisement most intrigues the judges panel. This award is completely separate and unrelated to the scoring given to each delegate in the photogenic area of competition for the main pageant.
This is a special award that each delegate may choose to qualify for by purchasing a half-page advertisement or larger in the national program book. Delegates may purchase the program book advertising themselves or may seek sponsorship to cover the costs. The design of the advertisement and photos that the delegate chooses to include in the advertisement is at the delegate's discretion. However, all photos and advertising layouts must be in good taste.
Supermodel With Style Award
This award is given to one delegate in the entire pageant who is deemed to have “supermodel style”. The determination is based on the delegate's modeling potential and fashion sense throughout the pageant. There is no additional fee or paperwork to qualify for this award. All delegates are eligible for this award.
Pageantry Spirit Award
This award is given to one delegate in the entire pageant who the other delegates feel exhibits the true spirit of pageant competition. This is the delegate who the other delegates vote on as the most congenial, pleasant, helpful and with the most positive attitude throughout the pageant.
Program Appreciation Award
This award is given to one delegate in the entire pageant who purchases the most program book advertisements in the official national program book. Delegates may purchase their own advertisements, or make seek out sponsors to purchase advertisements.
The design of the advertisement pages and photos that the delegate chooses to include in the advertisement pages is at the delegate's discretion. However, all photos and advertising layouts must be in good taste.
This award is given to one delegate in each division, and is judged by a separate panel of judges. Each delegate will have the opportunity to submit an essay (on the official Achievement Award form) that outlines any academic, professional and/ or personal achievements, or highlights any obstacles that a delegate has overcome, or any contributions that a delegate has made to her community, volunteer efforts, school, workplace or other areas.
This award is given to each delegate who completes a designated number of appearances from the time she receives her state title until the date of the national pageant. Delegates are required to complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of live appearances as a state titleholder to qualify for this award. Each appearance in a pageant trade magazine, pageant website or newspaper article will be considered the equivalent of one hour of appearances.
Each delegate who wishes to qualify for this award will be required to submit her appearances on an official Media Award form that is included in the delegate's official paperwork.10:29 AM 12/5/2007